We don't have to explain why you need video in your PR & Marketing campaigns, but...
Now we've kicked January into touch, your 2019 video marketing calendar should be in full swing.
The video landscape is changing drastically from interactive video to augmented reality, and users are engaging more than ever with visual content.
Below is a selection of video marketing stats from prominent sources to help you stay ahead and keep those audiences hooked.
Video's role in attracting and converting customers
1. 93% of businesses reported gaining a new customer as a direct result of a video posted on social media. (Animoto)
2. 73% of marketers created at least two videos a month for social media marketing in 2018. (Animoto)
3. Companies using video in their content marketing mix show a 66% higher average website conversion rate (4.8% vs. 2.9%). (Aberdeen Group).
4. Businesses and marketers who used video ended up growing revenue 49% faster than non-video users in 2017. (Vidyard)
5. 84% of consumers surveyed were convinced to buy a product or service after watching a brand’s video. (Neil Patel)
Customers want to see video
6. Because of its visual nature, 80% of users can recall a video ad they’ve seen in the past 30 days. (Forbes)
7. When video and text are both available on the same page, 72% of consumers prefer video to learn about a product or service. (Wyzowl)
8. Of those with videos on-site, 80% of marketers say video has increased dwell time. (Hubspot)
9. Viewers retain 95% of a message after watching it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Wirebuzz)
10. Emails with video content lead to an increase in click-through rate (CTR) of 200-300%. (Forbes)
11. Video is the number one type of content consumers want to see from brands on social media. (Animoto).
What type of video and what platforms work best?
12. Instagram saw the largest growth in driving purchases over any other social media platform, increasing from 31% in 2017 to 48% in 2018. (Animoto)
13. Millions of brands are using Instagram Stories, and one third of the most viewed stories are created by brands (Instagram).
14. Videos are shared 1200% more times than links and text combined. (Virtuets)
15. The top three most effective branded video types in 2018 were how-to videos, videos about sales and promos, and top 5 lists (Animoto).
16. Mobile viewers now watch over 40 minutes of video on their phones every day. (Quartz)
17. Viewers will watch a live video approximately three times longer than a pre-recorded one. (Social Media Today)
If you would like to discuss how video can help your PR and marketing campaigns, please get in touch. We offer cost-effective packages for regular video content production over a 12-month period. For details and pricing, please call Mark Jones on +44 7967 353 727